Mini New Zealand has given its three and five-door models a fresh look for 2018.
The enhancements coincide with a major engineering upgrade in the form of an advanced dual-clutch automatic transmission.
From the newly-designed Mini logo to new front and rear LED headlights the new Mini’s on-road presence has been enhanced. The lights have been designed to further increase both low and high beam range while new Union Jack-style tail lights are an option across the range.
Mini Connected is now included. It features real-time traffic information as well as remote services, connected services and teleservices. An emergency function is also integrated into Mini Connected. It also provides weather information, key points of interest, news items and the location of petrol stations. The teleservices function enables the vehicle to communicate directly with the Mini dealership to share service requirements.
On the highway the new Mini is smooth and sophisticated. Transmission in the models with the new gearbox is fluid and works well with short, sharp shifts and ratios which extract well engine performance along with enhancing the type of economy you would expect from a car which wears the Mini badge.
Standard specification highlights
Equipment highlights for Cooper three-door hatch and five-door hatch include:
• Turbocharged 1.5-litre petrol engine generating 100kW and 220Nm
• Six-speed manual gearbox (optional seven-speed dual-clutch transmission)
• 16-inch loop spoke alloy wheels with run-flat safety tyres
• Three-spoke sports leather multifunction steering wheel
• Automatic dual-zone climate control air conditioning
• LED centre instrument display Mini visual boost with 6.5in display
• Navigation system
• Rear view camera
• Park distance control, rear
• Cloth ‘firework’ upholstery
• Interior surface hazy grey
• Interior LED lights package
• Roof and mirror caps in body colour
The Cooper S adds further specification highlights, including:
• Turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol engine generating 141kW and 280Nm
• Optional seven-speed sports dual-clutch transmission
• 17in cosmos spoke alloy wheels with run-flat safety tyres
• Sports seats for driver and front passenger
• Cloth ‘double stripe’ upholstery
• Interior surface black chequered
• Mini Connected navigation system
• Engine compartment bonnet scoop
• Dual exhaust tailpipes, central, in chrome finish
• Front fog lights
John Cooper Works:
• Turbocharged 2-litre petrol engine generating 170kW and 350Nm
• Optional eight-speed sports automatic transmission
• 17-inch JCW track spoke alloy wheels with run-flat safety tyres
• Adaptive suspension
• Minik driving modes
• John Cooper Works sports seats for driver and front passenger
• Dinamica /cloth combination upholstery
• Roof headliner in anthracite
• Mini excitement package (interior mood lighting with variable colours, exterior door spotlight, central instrument display LED ring)
• Head-up display
• Mini Connected navigation plus with 8.8in touchscreen
• LED headlights
• John Cooper Works roof spoiler
New Zealand pricing*:
Three-door Cooper $35,900
Three-door Cooper S $44,500
Three-door John Cooper Works $54,900
Five-door Cooper $37,000
Five-Door Cooper S $45,600
*Recommended retail pricing, excluding on-road costs. All pricing shown with standard six-speed manual gearbox.
Mini New Zealand offers a three-year scheduled service plan, three-year warranty and roadside assistance programme on all models.